[ Privacy ]
Western Earthmoving (ABN 91 000 234 140) is a civil engineering contracting company based in Seven Hills, NSW Australia.
Western Earthmoving is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information about our clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, job applicants, visitors to our website and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to conduct our activities and meet legal obligations.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include contact information (such as your name, address, email address, fax and/or telephone number), and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matters.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect statistical data about the visitors to our website. Generally, this information cannot be used to identify particular individuals but in some circumstances it may include a visitor's I.P (or internet protocol) address, which could be linked to the individual.
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews.
How Does WEM Use And Disclose Your Personal Information?
Western Earthmoving may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, Western Earthmoving may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with our products or services that you have requested
- respond to your queries or feedback
- facilitate the development of an improved user experience for our website
- provide you with communications or publications which you have granted us permission to, or which you have requested
- let you know about developments in our procedures, projects, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you
- consider employment applications
Disclosure Of Personal Information To Other Parties.
Western Earthmoving will not disclose any of your personal information to third parties such as our professional advisers, our external service providers that provide services to us, government, statutory or regulatory bodies. Any personal information gathered is treated with confidence and if used, will only be done so for internal purposes.
We may disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, Western Earthmoving will take necessary steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links From Our Website To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing The Information We Hold About You
Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, the regulating privacy authority in Australia.
We will deal with complaints as follows:
Step 1: Get In Touch
- If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting our office
Step 2: Investigation Of Complaint
- Your complaint will be investigated internally
- A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period
Step 3: Contact OAIC
- We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on the details below.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Western Earthmoving Pty Ltd
PO Box 230
Seven Hills NSW 1730
We will endeavour to respond to all complaints and correspondence promptly and in confidence.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Western Earthmoving's website.
Western Earthmoving is located at 90 Station Road Seven Hills, NSW 2147: By using this website you accept these terms and conditions in full and unreserved.
Do not continue to use Western Earthmoving's website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions outlined below.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Australia. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Western Earthmoving and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Western Earthmoving. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://www.wem.com.au for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
1. Republish material from https://www.wem.com.au
2. Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.wem.com.au
3. Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.wem.com.au
Redistribute content from Western Earthmoving (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website may offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website. Western Earthmoving does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and any comments posted do not reflect the views or opinions of Western Earthmoving, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Western Earthmoving shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- Western Earthmoving reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Western Earthmoving a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorise others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organisations may link to our website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our website.
The following organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other website information so long as the link:
- is not in any way misleading;
- does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and
- fits within the context of the linking party's site.
We may consider and approve purely and at our sole discretion other link requests from other organisations, these requests must be made in writing to Western Earthmoving.
We will approve link requests from other organisations if we determine that:
- the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organisations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link);
- the organisation does not have an unsatisfactory record with us;
- the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of Western Earthmoving; and
- where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organisation.
Organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other website information so long as the link:
- is not in any way misleading;
- does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and
- fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are among the organisations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Organisations may link to our website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the URL (uniform resource locator or web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of Western Earthmoving’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation Of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal Of Links From Our Website
If you find any link on our website or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
1. Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
2. Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
3. Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
4. Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
Are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
Govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
If you have any queries regarding any of our terms we urge you to please contact us.